In the coming months the land trust will be sharing the ways in which we are already working to support climate change mitigation and climate resilience, and how you can play a part in keeping your property, and your families safe.
Three Rivers Land Trust pledges to be a leader in working toward climate justice by:
- Expanding permanent conservation protection to additional climate resilient properties in our five municipalities.
- Ensuring that our properties model equitable climate solutions when consistent with our mission.
- Advocating for actions that reduce and limit greenhouse gases.
- Recognizing that climate change disproportionately affects low-income communities and communities of color, and that climate solutions need to address these inequities.
To accomplish this we pledge to:
- Make climate change mitigation, climate justice and climate resilience central parts of our mission.
- Contribute to the solution of de-carbonizing energy by permitting and promoting alternative energy projects in ways that are consistent with our overall conservation mission and with values of equity.
- Incorporate methods of carbon sequestration into our efforts through promoting healthy productive forests and best-practice farming techniques.
- Educate the general public, landowners, members on problems/solutions.
- Revise policies and procedures as needed to reflect our commitment to climate justice.