New for 2022 – Second Saturday Workdays
Due to the efforts of a core group of enthusiastic volunteers, Three Rivers was able to undertake some essential work on our properties over the past few years. Because of that success, and the interest of our board, we are expanding our occasional volunteer outings into a monthly “Second Saturday” workday. Below is a list of upcoming volunteer events. Once all the information is available, the links will take you to a page with the important details of each event and a sign up form. If you’d like to be notified by email about upcoming workdays and other events, please be sure to join our e-news list, or fill out our volunteer form so that we know to send you an invitation to scheduled and “pop up” volunteer events. We also have a Facebook group just for volunteers that you are welcome to join. Thank you!
- April 9 – Build the New Loop Trail at Walnut Hill Preserve, Shapleigh
- May 14 – Help complete the trail at Hobbs Farm in Acton by trimming branches and stumps on the newest trail corridor and helping to paint “blazes” for direction along the route.
- June 11 – Gruber Forest in Shapleigh is a real “diamond in the rough” that is getting more polished in 2022! Help revive these old campground trails by trimming, raking, and placing signs.
- July 9 – Sousa Preserve in Alfred is one of our wildest trails – help us clean up the 1.7-mile loop this year by trimming and picking up fallen branches.
- September 10 – Hansen Pond, Acton – new trail to bypass wet areas
- October 8 – Pump Pox Brook Preserve, Shapleigh, create a new trail